irish

Friday, September 5, 2008

3rd Grade!!

This is the first year we didn't get to see Eliza off on the first day of school, Grandma got that fun task! Eliza was so excited! One of her favorite friends is in her class for the first time....Chloe!


It has started already they are planning their clothing to match or coordinate! How fun! I hate to actually write this but I will for a memory because we all know I won't remember come next year or maybe even next week! You will see why in a minute! I am really revealing part of my inner self in this story and I'm not so sure it is a fabulous quality!! ;)
About a month or two before school started I had decided that we had plenty of cloths to start the school year, and it's not the same now as when we were growing up when you really only got cloths for back to school, Christmas and Birthdays. So I thought, do we really need anything? No! So, we bought one outfit for the first day of school. Eliza didn't even notice the difference. In fact I think she would have been ecstatic if I had pointed out that we weren't spending the last few days of summer shopping instead we spent them at the river! So lets fast forward to a week before school. Eliza and her friend Chloe had decided that they wanted to wear black and white on the first day of school. Eliza and Chloe had planned what they were wearing and both of them were quite excited about their plan. All but me...the outfit we got her for back to school was not black and white, she was planning on wearing a dress that was a couple years old! I knew I shouldn't even care but I could not let my 3rd grader go to school on the first day in old cloths! My problem not Eliza's. So for several days I just bit my tongue and said nothing. But really come on I guess I am too vain. I couldn't do it. I talked with my BFF Jill and she agreed with me that definitely new cloths on the first day. But she thought I should just make Eliza wear what we had bought. (internal turmoil!) I just couldn't break her little heart, it was set on matching her BFF Chloe! And why should I care, if Eliza is fine with wearing old cloths why couldn't I be? But, I could not mentally deal with it. Alas, in the middle of the night a couple days before school started I envisioned a dress. I knew I had some left over scraps and other pieces from some formals I had worked on this summer and decided to make her one! It looked a little bit different in my head but I do think it turn out awesome!
Eliza loved it!!
She was so excited when she saw it and both of us where happy! I got my new cloths and she got her black and white! With no money's spent!

I was however sad that I missed her first day of 3rd grade, Grandma said it was great! Eliza rode her bike with her friends and called grandma 1/2 way there and then on the way home. She is growing up so fast! I can't believe she is 8 and in 3rd grade! We are cherishing every moment!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

Oh my gosh! I am still in awe over how gorgeous your little girls are! I love Eliza's hair- makes me want to take this picture to a stylist and say "this is what I want!" Wow Charity, you've got some beautiful kids, but come on, who could possibly think YOU wouldn't have adorable children... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Stranger! I am cracking up as I am reading the latest post about school clothes. I had that same thought, but since I am not as creative as you, we spent the last few days of summer doing some shopping! The girls are growing up so fast ~~ they both look so beautiful :-) (Megan started Kindegarten this year)
Karen

Rene said...

Oh, I know how you felt! I sort of had the same thoughts one year. I HAD been doing school clothes shopping but I decided Austin didn't have a great "first day of school" outfit. So, I went out shopping the day before school started to get "just the right thing". He probably didn't even care!
Eliza looks adorable! I love the short hair on her too!

Mark and Karen said...

I had no idea you possessed such a great talent. Way to go on solving your dilemma!

Nathan and Sarah said...

that dress is adorable! What doesn't look good on Eliza though!
way to make it work!

Sarah