irish

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2 black eyes update


Well, this is what I look like today 10 day post injury. I don't really feel any different from the day after the pain is still just constant but definitely workable. It feels like a sinus infection with the pressure. The black eyes and swelling have gone down a ton and more quickly than I could have hoped. When I put lotion or makeup on my nose crinkling and cracking noises. It is kind of creepy. It really grosses people out! I keep forgetting not to scratch or rub it and then I am not gentle enough and I bring tears to my eyes. I never realized how much I touch my face until this happened.


I went back to work this week and ended each day with a major headache even with Alieve or Advil. So fun for me! But on a good note I get to have surgery in three months too! yeah! No, I am not really that bummed about it and I still love soccer:)! It is just part of the game. It is unfortunate though.

3 comments:

Michelle Alley said...

Charity - So glad to see that smile again! Wow, it must be really creepy to hear those noises and I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to feel that sensation on my face all day. I hope your taking it easy from soccer for awhile! Rick is getting married on November 2nd in the SLC temple! Her name is Angie and she seems to understand Rick's autism and puts up with him! It's so great and we're so excited. It will be nice to have our whole family together, it's been a long time! Hope you nose heals soon! Your team must be missing yoU!

korie said...

So good to see your getting better. Good luck with the surgery. Have I mentioned I love your so so short hair. Only you can pull that off!!

christy said...

holy cow! toran was mesmerized by your picures and wanted all the details on how you'll be fixed up, when the time comes. i feel horrible for you! the pain, oh the pain!