irish

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

We are in California for Thanksgiving and are having a great time! I just wanted to post a couple of highlights from our trip!

Disneyland was a blast!! We went with Papa Joe, Nathan, Korie, Velzy, Avery, Ryan, Me, Eliza, Mary, Alyssa and Aaron on the first day and everyone but Alyssa and Aaron but added Jeanette on the second day. Alyssa carried Avery or Mary all day! Her arms were never empty and she has the sore muscles to prove it! Alyssa just spoiled the kids....she got them Mickey Mouse suckers and light up necklaces
We ended up seeing Ryan's cousin Jason and Andrea and their 6 six kids at Disneyland! Thanks for the extra fast pass action! It was awesome! ;) It was great to see you!
We got to see it snow in Disneyland, that was sure a fun treat!

We also got to see our friend Meredith who works at Disneyland. It was fun to catch a bit and for the girls (especially Mary) too kiss and hug her for a few minutes! Can't wait to see you in December Meredith.


We had such a great time we always love to come! We rode tons of rides and Mary was tall enough to ride the Matterhorn. She loved it so much she rode it 4 times! She loves those roller coasters just like her mom! It was so cute she wanted to go again and again and really liked it but plugged her ears for the whole ride every time! I guess Disneyland was a little loud for her she did this a lot not just on the rides ;)
When asked, Eliza's favorite part was California Screamin'
(notice she is posing for the camera...yes she knows where the cameras are on the the rides!) and Tower of Terror!
(She wasn't really scared!)

When asked the next day, Mary's favorite part was the Christmas Tree.

Thanksgiving Day Jeanette, Korie and I cooked and cleaned together and got all set up for dinner while most everyone else took the kids or went to a movie. Avery stayed home and Mary took a long over due nap. We had a great dinner that seemed to take so long to prepare for the 20 minutes we enjoy the food and the the hour to clean up.

Is it worth it! Of course!




I am thankful for....healthy kids who say the funniest things and keep me smiling all the time. A husband who put up with wife and all my crazy ideas and whims, I am trying to get more focused ;) I am so easily sidetracked. I am also thankful for family, especially my immediate family, mom, sisters, brothers, and extended family. I am thankful for friends, good friends who keep you on track and love you for you! I am thankful for our jobs and for good babysitters. I am thankful for technology of computers, photo etc to keep my memories current in my mind. I am thankful for car seat cozies and Jill for motivating us to get it together! I am thankful for walking and my walking partner and friend, Shannon, and for keeping me motivated and still wanting to go even though her challenge is over. I am especially these last few weeks thankful for a good nights rest! I haven't slept through the night in years and thanks to Tylenol pm :) I am getting that straight sleep it is awesome! Lastly, I am thankful for good music I have been turned onto lately, particularly Amy Seely, Fiest, and Ingrid Michaelson...thanks Shannon!

4 comments:

korie said...

I think a great time was had by all! I know I had one of the best times ever. Thanks to Malia too! ;) Thanks for all the fun. Velz sure misses Eliza already. Sorry I didn't get to say good bye. (Oh and can I just copy and paste this post???hehe)

christy said...

so much fun you guys all had! i can almost taste all the yummy food...hey , a friend of mine inadvertently met your neighbor from across the street? members with 2 girls? my friend paige met them in the chicago airport, & they started talking about vancouver, & she happened to remember we were from there...& you know how it goes! crazy, huh? we really need to talk! i tried getting to your new web/blog spot but couldn't? tell me when good chatting can happen with your schedules ok?

Michelle Alley said...

That picture of Eliza at the bottom looks exactly like you! Such a great time and it looks so warm! We've been deluged with snow, snow, snow! Has snow hit you yet? How is your purse business going? Hope all is well :)

Enquist Wild Life said...

Oh my goodness! Your girls are growing-Eliza looks so old to me! Your pics are awesome and I love their Halloween costumes! Miss you!