irish

Friday, May 25, 2007

Last few pic's from Texas

This next picture is just too cute to leave out.

The story behind it....Mary was walking in front of this cactus and totally did the ta da pose, it was so cute. So I was trying to get Mary to do that again in front of this cactus, you know for a picture. She did it a couple of times for me but I kept missing the shot, stupid slow digital point and shoot camera!! So inevitably she absolutely refused to keep cooperating and wouldn't give me the time of day, and she kept trying to walk away. I kept putting her back in front of the cactus. I know she was thinking I have already posed 3 times, Mom! After about three times of shoving her back in front she gave me this look. I just thought it was funny and cute. Mom's so demanding! ;)

While we were visiting my mom's cousin, Sherly Ann Turpin Dickenson, she took us around to see the Texas country (and a cemetery or two) we were boldly introduced to this donkey. His named was buckwheat. He wasn't very happy we were just driving by. He chased us up and down the fence as we drove along the rode. He whinnied the whole time. Not just a quiet little whinny you are imagining but the movie kind of whinny. It was loud and obnoxious and just down right shocking!! We were laughing so hard! Apparently he was quiet upset with us that we were driving by and didn't feed him some carrots or apples. He was a sassy fellow. He has on occasion attacked a horse and broke the horses teeth! I tried to video him but I couldn't get him to do it when I had the video on, but here is a picture of this priceless Buckwheat!

They also had some baby kittens that were totally adorable. Mary couldn't get enough of them. She was actually more gentle than the 5yr old boy who was carrying them around by the necks!

While we were here Grandpa John showed us how to clean a headstone and apply shaving cream to see the information on it. This come in really handy with the old headstones that haven't been kept up and have lots of stuff growing on them.

3 comments:

korie said...

These pictues are priceless!! I'm so glad you posted all of these. I love to see them and the girls loved to see Eliza and Mary!

Unknown said...

Awesome photos!!! Thanks for the thrill! Love, Mom and Dad Ashworth

Michelle Alley said...

Good to see you've updated your blog! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. We're are finally back at home as of Saturday and it's good to be back into normal. Mary's photos are so cute! And the one of you and your mom is really neat. have a great day!